General Discussion

What is an "inside round roast"?


General Discussion 5

What is an "inside round roast"?

Ontari-ari-ario | Jun 14, 2004 11:25 PM


Just a guy learning to cook here - should pull my weight around the kitchen once in a while and give the spouse a break. My local supermarket has "inside round roast" on special this week. What the heck is this? I don't know my beef parts very well, aside from sirloin, tenderloin and such. I can't find much information (much less a recipe) on this cut - is this a Canadian name for a cut that goes by another name in the U.S.?

Eye of round, outside round, oven rump....geez, I thought a roast was just a roast.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks very much, folks.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound