16 SuggestionsExpand Map
Hi, 3 of us who live in NYC are planning a return trip to Austin over the Easter long weekend. We've had a great time the last 2 times we were there and were hoping to repeat that :) We have some stuff planned but was hoping to get some help around the rest. Here is what our plan looks like right now:
- Wed (late night): TBD
- Thu lunch: LA BBQ (pick up reserved)
- Thu dinner: TBD
- Friday lunch: Franklin's BBQ (pick up reserved)
- Friday dinner: El Naranjo
- Sat morning: Snow's BBQ & hopefully, Louie Mueller on our way back
- Sat dinner: TBD
- Sun brunch before our flight: Odd duck
We were hoping to add things that Austin does better than NYC - Tex-Mex, Mexican, etc. Also, suggestions for bars (local beers!), coffee, must have dessert, etc would be welcome!
In the past we've enjoyed:
- El Meson
- Rosita's Al Pastor
- Veracruz All Natural
- Barley Swine
- Franklin's, LA, trips out to Lockhart
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.