I was able to get a group of friends out to PS7's last night, and overall had a great experience. There was enough variety in the RW menu to please everyone (even the picky eaters in my group), and I was able to try out a few dishes that I hadn't yet from going there a few months ago.
As a group, we all tried the following:
- Bread plate: 1 each of the apple bacon biscuits (I could eat 10 of these if I was allowed to) and I believe a cheese and leek roll (I'm not positive, but it was tasty)
- Tuna sliders app (a big hit, everyone that got this was happy)
- Chorizo and Clam Risotto app (taste was good but my bite of the risotto was a little undercooked; also didn't see any clam in there but maybe it was just smaller than what I had expected)
- The "Wedge" salad (pretty presentation, managable to eat - with the exception of the monster slabs of bacon, but it tasted good)
- Pan Roasted Chicken entree (nice flavor, but nothing special really - chicken, spinach, pan-fried mac n cheese was interesting though - looked like a McD's hash brown, haha)
- Petite Filets entree (changed from the online RW menu, it was 3 filets with mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and fried onions on top. 2 of the filets were better than the 3rd piece which was dried out (asked for med. rare))
- Pan Seared Salmon entree (Cooked nicely, crisp edges, flaky inside)
- Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta dessert (pretty presentation, didn't get to taste this one though)
- Beignets (to me was like mini-funnel cake munchkins, came out hot and delicious)
- Apple Crisp (a bowl of apple crisp with "house made vanilla ice cream" on top. I'm not a huge fan of pies/crisps so I didn't taste this, but the bowl was practically licked clean, if that helps :0) )
Overall a great experience and I was happy that my non-Chowish friends were left satisfied. I know that many people believe RW is the worst time for going out (too crowded, the waitstaff going on auto-pilot to throw the 3 courses at you, etc), but I think it also can be a great time to try out a new place, or in my case, get some friends to venture out once in a while and try something different.
So, I know it's still early, being the 2nd official day, but I would love to hear about other people's reports so far as well. I'm also going to the Prime Rib this weekend, so if anyone goes there before then, please report back!