Hi CH'ers... I'm a LA Chowhounder.
I've read through the boards through July to get a sense of where to go.... but I'm not really sure where anything is in DC or how far/long it takes to get there. I'm hopeful some of you will help us narrow it down.
I'll be staying in the Hotel Sofitel (806 15th St NW, near Lafayette Sq).
I'm looking for restaurant rec's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It doesn't have to be fancy.
Some criteria to narrow it down....
1. Has to be within walking distance or easily accessed by the metro
2. has to be in a safe neighborhood.
3. has to have some pork-free dishes (my wife doesn't like to eat pork... sigh....) and items which aren't fried.
4. Pricewise... under 25pp for breakfast or lunch, and under 75pp for dinner (not including alcohol, tax, or tip).
5. Any quintessential "must eat" places to go to in DC? Or quintessential DC food to try?
I'd really like to have a good crab cake without going to Maryland.. and DC is closer than LA. ;)
From what I've looked into (for the past 30 days of postings).. I see Etete and Queen Makeda for ethiopian mentioned several times, and Coco Sala (for a dessert experience), Minibar looks interesting but I don't think I want to call at 7am one month in advance for reservations.
Oh, and I've eaten at Five Guys... so, you can skip that rec if you love the place.
Any standout fish restaurants? pizza? italian? bagel shops? sandwich shops? fish restaurants? greek restaurants?
Updated 2 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 20 days ago | 27
Updated 1 month ago | 14