Some recent threads got me down unto memory lane about a few places we've been to during the past 20-ish years that are no longer around, The problem is, my memory isn't as good as I'd like to think it is.
So here goes ...... (get ready, Scoffier !):
1) Seafood restaurant on Oak @ 16th, SE corner, at approximately where the pet supplies store is now. Been there once with the Mrs. maybe early '90s
2) Bagel place ACROSS from Oak @ the same intersection. I say it was called Popeye's .... but Mrs. LR thinks otherwise.
3) Italian (?) resto on Commercial Drive @ 11th. Fairly large, where Dollar Tree is now. Might have been like a family resto.
4) Small French-Canadian cafe/bistro on Fir @ 7th's NW corner, across from Windsor Plywood. It was an old house IIRC and the owners were either two sisters or friends. This place didn't last long and as much as I like to remember fondly of them, I just can't recall what was it that made them special at the time.
5) Small resto on W.4th between Stephens (?) and MacDonald, around where Oakwood is. Supposedly a good place for steaks as recommended by friends of ours, but our experience there was anything but. Popular with the um, blue-haired crowd.
6) Diner resto on W.4th across from Sophie's (ie: south side of street). I think I was only there once with a friend. I recall their heuvos rancheros was very good, but being in my mid-20s at the time my experience and judgement was perhaps noob-ish at best.