Hello, 3 of us are planning a long weekend jaunt to Portland at the end of May and the primary objective is to sample around the best that Portland has to offer :) Here are some logistics:
- This is the first time that we'll be visiting Portland
- We live in NYC so we'd prefer to try things that are not available in NYC or Portland does better
- We'll be staying in Old Port (very close to Eventide)
- We prefer to walk/cab but we'll have a car with us just in case
- 2 of us eat everything but the 3rd is vegetarian
Based on what I've read on the boards I tried to come up with a plan. I have some questions about it and I would appreciate some general feedback!
- We'll get there pretty late. If we get there before 2, I guess we could go to Blue Rooster. Anything that'll be open after 2?
- Brunch/Lunch: Eventide + Fatduck (Apart from Eventide, any other places that are a must do for oysters?)
- Bars: Novare Res Bier Cafe & Vena's Fizz House (the non-alcoholic drinks caught my eye but how are the cocktails here?)
- Dinner: Central Provisions (Since they do not accept reservations, what is the latest by which we should get there?)
- Brunch/Lunch: Honey Paw
- Evening: We have a reservation for a tour at Allagash at 4:00 PM. On our way there, we'd like to check out Fishermen's Grill (colossal lobster roll). While we are there, we can try Bissell Brothers Brewing Co. Are there other breweries in that area that are really good and should be checked out?
- Dinner (possibly late night): Boda
- Brunch/Lunch: Maybe Miyaki (the menu doesn't look very exciting but not sure what can I sub this with) & Bite into Maine
Some other places that I would like to squeeze in:
- Tandem Coffee
- Holy Donut
- Two Fat Cats (Whoopie pies)
- Gorgeous Gelato
- Standard Bakery
- Scratch Bagels
Any recommendations for nice wine and cocktail bars?
Thank you very much!
by Anna Hecht | If you're looking for ways to save money this summer while still cooking out, these affordable grilling...
by Debbie Wolfe | If you've gone to the trouble of nurturing a vegetable garden, make sure to harvest it so you get...