Just got rid our fine Royal Doulton China with gold trip and fine stemware (set of 12). Most of the time when we have people over and want to use it, we need more pieces. Plus, I don't like the idea of a full set of anything anymore (this is what happens when you marry in your 20s and haven't figured out your own personal style!).
We invested in a set of 16 dinner plates, dessert plates and rimmed soup from Friendly Village for the fall and winter dinners. I have 20 gold rimmed charger plates to fancy them up. We also have a set of 20 flatware oneida (one better and one everyday of that oversized newer line).
This is where we need help. We are looking for stemware and dinnerware recommendations. Points to consider:
1. We love mediterranean style dining; big long table inside or out (when it is summer and there isn't 3' of snow on the ground!).
2. We want something that can mix and match; we're thinking of going with white.
3. Going to get some Luigi Bormioli made it italy stemware.
4. We're almost sold on the white corelle since they have many sizes and beautiful pasta bowls, but after my mom purchased them, we found when filled with hot food, they were difficult to handle.
5. Looking at maxwell williams all white, but unsure of the quality.
6. Must have: pasta bowl (with or without rim).
7. Some white plates scratch like crazy when a knife is used on them and are left with a gray mark.
by Chris Rochelle | Do you carry hot sauce with you wherever you go? Squirt Sriracha on everything? Chow down on chili...
by Laurie Wilson | If you're just not ready to let go of summer but you can hear the bloody school bell ringing in the...
by Chowhound Editors | Our best raspberry tart recipe is bursting with ripe fruit, ridiculously easy to make, and perfect...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.