17 PlacesExpand Map
"TL:DR: restaurant recommendations for 2 females"
It's been like 3 years since I posted for my own trip but I thought I'd repost to help my friend. She and her sister will be travelling to NYC from AUS in October and staying in Midtown area for around 10 days. She loves her food but really doesn't know too much about NYC restaurants so she asked my help. Whilst I did a lot of research before my trip and still keep in minor contact reading online, I'm not that knowledgeable so I ask for your help. As far as I am doing this I am trying to offer up a few different places for a type of food so I'll write up what I have but would love your suggestions for any restaurant to be honest. In terms of what they want to pay I imagine a $100 average for two people but I assume they would want a splurge meal like 11 madison park or something of the echelon. They eat most things so if you have any recommendations for something wild and out there that'd be awesome.
1. Halal Guys - 1st thing I thought to recommend
2.Burger - The Spotted Pig/MInetta Tavern/The Burger Joint top recommendations (i liked brindle room/mile end deli too)
3. Asian - Momofuku Noddle Bar top pick also Mission Chinese/Lumpia Shack/Vanessa's Dumplings/Baohaus
4. Bakery - Dominque Ansel Bakery/Levain/Sullivan St
5. Classic NYC - Katz Deli/Russ and Daughters/Eisenbergs maybe even Faiccos?
6. BBQ - I honestly had no idea but based on what I saw Mighty Quinn's seems good, I tried fette sau and that was good and if they were willing to travel I saw hometown or dino as options too
7. Mexican - Tehuitzingo
As you can see my list isn't the best I know that too, so I ask your help people of CH.
Thanks in Advances!!
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.