Can someone recommend some restaurants in each of the above cities (Tokyo, Seoul, Daegu)? I'm looking for places that meet the following criteria:
- Favorites with the locals (and, if possible, are populated mostly by locals)
- Local cuisine (i.e., Japanese food in Japan and Korean food in South Korea, NOT Italian food)
- Definite chowhound places -- not touristy or hip, and definitely not chains
- Ideally on the lower end of the price spectrum (though I'm not obsessed with this -- just trying to avoid $50/person dinners)
- I don't care what type of food it is (ramen, country-style, sushi, etc.), as long as it's good.
While we're at it, anyone have some recommendations for sake (particular brands), esp. brands I can't get in the US?
Thanks from a World Cup visitor (visiting june 8-16)...