New! Chowhound Cities: Satisfy your curiosity and your palate. Explore Cities
Home Cooking 1

Help--looking for recipe for sweet italian fritters involving ricotta

lainamalone | May 30, 2008 11:15 AM

I think they're called something like bombalette (sp?) meaning "little bomb". I recall they're made with ricotta, flour, a little bit of sugar, and then deep-fried. Eaten with honey or powdered sugar...delicious when hot, and sort of like a classier, Italian version of fried dough. Oddly, google is no help, unless I'm completely mangling the name (quite possible!) The NYTimes article on homemade ricotta put me in mind of these. Thanks!

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound