I'll be in the area next month and really looking forward to trying some places I haven't been yet. Have some random questions on number of places, to hopefully narrow down my search
- how bad is the wait on a weeknight (Mon - Wed) around 6 pm?
Thai Nakorn (Garden Grove)
- what are some great kid friendly options (e.g pho like noodle soups) if any, and non spicy items worth trying?
85 C Irvine
- Is the line crazy with 45+ min waits every hour during the weekday? Would it be as crazy or less wait during a weekday around 12 to 2 pm?
- what are some not to be missed items? Definitely going to try sea salt caramel coffee (should I get hot or cold?). Do they have something similar to those cream top milk teas in Taiwan, where it's pure black tea on the bottom thick layer of cream on top for you to mix (they call it 霜乳奶茶 over there), or is the sea salt caramel cream top coffee drink done in a similar manner? The taro bread/bun looks interesting, ditto for the black squid ink garlic. Probably not going to bother with their Macanese/Portugese looking egg tarts.
- I don't care for those presliced baked breads for toasts, but is it worth grabbing those gift boxes of random baked goods? Cake box? Would be great to have something to munch on the plane ride back home, since SNA is close by.
- Is Fukada in Irvine worth going to for fresh soba? How about O Udon in Fountain Valley for udon (is it hand made/or fresh made in house)?
- what's the best izakaya (closest to Japanese or Taipei experience) within 20 mins from Disneyland?
- Habuya Okinawa Dining (Tustin), yay or nay? Is their tonsoku yaki, goya chanpuru, rafute, Okinawa soba any good?
- likely not doing ramen, but in Costa Mesa it seems that the two hottest places are Jinya and Ramadaya. Unfortunately they seem to only offer tonkotsu (ditto for Shin Sen Gumi Hakata in Fountain Valley). Which of the two grabs your throat the least (in that you don't feel like your throat pipe is being glued shut from the thickness) and doesn't make you walk out dying of thirst? Any other better ramen options around (definitely not going to the one by Anaheim if that's still around).
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 2 years ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 37
Updated 2 years ago | 0