General Discussion


Anybody know what "Rain Fish" is?


General Discussion 1

Anybody know what "Rain Fish" is?

StanX | Feb 27, 2003 06:30 PM

I have a local fish store that has a lot of types of fish, but labeled with uncommon names. I figured out that "belly fish" is probably monkfish. But I'm stumped with "Rain Fish". It looks like a bottom dweller, kind of has the head of a grouper and the body of a flounder. Does anyone know a more common name for this fish, or how it might be prepared?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound