I'll be spending a short 4 days (during the week) in the city celebrating my 27th birthday. I've received some great suggestions for cheap eats, now I'm looking for nightlife ideas that involve good drinks (&/or late nite eats/dessert). At nite I'll mostly be staying between the Flat Iron District to the north & SoHo/the Lower East Side to the south--but am willing to venture out if you have a great recommendation. (I think I might also venture over the bridge to Brooklyn one evening.) I do like cool, ambient, lounge-y atmospheres with mixed/diverse crowds.
Here's what I'm looking for:
1. An awesome cocktail & a great dessert (can be 2 different places) around The Theatres at 45 Bleecker between Lafayette & Mott St (to compliment seeing Almost an Evening).
2. Somewhere for real sangria.
3. Somewhere for a mixed drink involving ginger beer.
4. A must-have, "only in NY" dessert.
5. A straight-friendly, gender-friendly gay bar (drink recommendation?).
6. An "It" bar/club that we can actually get into (not bankrupting me) & knows how to make a drink. Food?
7. A tried & true New York bar/club (for a good beer? for dancing? a secret?).