We just had a wonderful dinner last night at Pylos. We went early so we didn't have to wait to be seated. This is what we had:
- zucchini and eggplant rounds served with tzatziki
- three greek cheeses melted in a clay pot
- pan fried light meatballs
- grilled sea scallops with white beans, arugula, olive oil and lemon juice.
- roasted beets
- grilled baby lamb chops with fried potatoes
- the dorado fish special with olive oil and lemon
- spinach rice pilaf with feta, lemon and black pepper
- phyllo triangles filled with custard, drizzled with honey and cinnamon
The dinning room is beautiful with hundreds of clay jars lining the ceiling. There is a bar in the back where our friend waited for us to arrive. The service was attentive and all the food was brought out quickly. The bill for all this plus two drinks was about $50 per person including tax and 20% tip. Highly recommended! It is located at 128 East 7th Street between 1st and A.