I highly recommend Proof Pizza & Pasta. This is much more than a neighborhood pizzeria. The pizzas are very good but the rest of the menu is even better. Reasonable prices with a neighborhood vibe. 2 ex fine dining chefs doing a more casual thing. Check them out.
Pizza highlights - bone marrow with parsley gremolata, roasted garlic, capers
- fennel sausage, tomatoes, broccoli rabe pesto, mozz, red onions
Non pizza- beef tartare, grated egg yolk, colatura, chives
- angel hair with crab, Calabrian chili, lemon breadcrumbs
- octopus a la planch, squid ink, celery root, salsa verde
- Strozzapreti bolognese with ricotta
-shaved Brussels sprouts apple cider, Gorgonzola, pecans, dried cranberry
- burrata salad
- warm farro salad with duck prosciutto
- macaron ice cream sandwiches
- dark chocolate cake, espresso whipped cream, salted caramel, amaretto cookie crumble
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.