Hello fellow Hounds,
I'm planning a group dinner in Boston for April 2016 and am looking for restaurant suggestions. Our group will be ~50 to 80 people, and we meet annually in a different city as part of a conference for our industry. The group is primarily women in their 30s to 50s, and the main purpose of the dinner is to reconnect with old friends and former/current colleagues, and make new professional connections. Most are foodies, but there are a few picky eaters in our group (so I would err on the side of a nice, high-end restaurant, rather than a chain or "traditional").
Our conference will be at the Hynes Convention Centre, and most of the attendees will be staying at the Boston Sheraton, or a nearby hotel in the Back Bay.
In previous years, we've had a sit-down 3-course dinner, but as our group grows in size, people have suggested doing something different next year so that people have more of a chance to mingle, rather than being stuck at their tables without a chance to chat with other people across the room - i.e. chef stations, a reception, cooking classes, interactive experiences, etc.
I haven't been to Boston in 10 years, so don't know the city and its dining establishments well. It would be nice to host this dinner at a "Boston establishment" or at a restaurant that shows off Boston cuisine (or the city) well. Alternatively, if any Hounds have suggestions for an "interactive dining experience", please share!
Here are my parameters:
- 50 to 80 people
- within walking distance, or a 10 minute cab ride, from the Back Bay
- maximum price $70/head including gratuity and tax for food alone
- ability of restaurant to provide a cash bar
- ability of restaurant to provide separate checks for diners for their food [this is the biggest hurdle, as many of our diners work at institutions that will only reimburse them for their meals if they have a separate check]
- ability of restaurant to accommodate dietary restrictions (we normally have ~5 to 10 diners who are gluten-free, vegetarian, allergic to various food items, etc)
Thanks in advance!