I am cooking a dinner at a remote place, and I want to do as much of the prepping beforehand. I am mostly looking to reduce the mise-en-place stuff such as cutting, dicing, washing vegetables etc.
I would like some advice on which one of these items (hopefully all) that would hold up for 30-40 hours. The items will be refrigerated for the entire period expect the travel (4-5 hours) which will be somewhere in between the 30-40 hour period. The temperature will be approximately 60 F during the travel.
1. Peeled and cooked potatoes - will they discolor in 40 hours? This is for a potato cream. Maybe better to make the whole potato cream beforehand and then reheat upon arrival?
2. Uncooked meatballs with ground beef, eggs and spices. Can they survive 5 hours without refrigeration.
3. Peeled pomegranate - will it lose color or taste if brought in closed container?
4. Melon gazpacho - melon, tomato, olive oil, stale bread etc. Brought in closed container.
5. Strawberry coulis.
6. Potato and leek soup with shallots, cream and wine.
7. Boiled shrimps - for summer rolls. Will not be reheated.
8. Salad - fresh salad, arugula, onion, plum tomatoes. I can add olive, feta cheese etc. upon arrival.
9. Apple chutney - apples cooked down with spices.
10. Mango salsa - mango tossed in lime, mint leaves etc.
Hopefully I can make prepare all of these things before leaving.