I will be coming to Portland from Athens, GA for 5 days in mid-October and don't want to miss any of the wonderful food that I am reading about on this board. I will be with a friend for a conference at the convention center, staying at The Nines (got a great deal!) from Wed - Mon. I feel that the heart of the city is the food and in order to get immersed, you have to go where the locals go. Don't have a ton of money, but would like to have one special meal that won't set me back a month's salary - no more than $50 pp. We will not have a car, but don't mind traveling by train, bus or taxi. Anyway, this is what I have gleaned as best bets so far from your oh-so worthy posts.
- Carts (I LOVE this kind of food!) Read about Addy's Sandwich Bar, Nong's Khao Man Gai and Tabos for the schnitzelwich.
- Kenny and Zuke's Deli. This is a must, so should we go for the sandwich or the brunch or both? Love pastrami and breakfast so I am torn! - We definitely would like to hit a Sunday brunch but can't get there until after 12.
- Portland Farmer's Market at PSU on Saturday morning. I hear I must check out the cheese tasting.
- Pizza. Either Dove Vivi Pizza or Apizza Scholls?
- Pok Pok for dinner?
- Toro Bravo for dinner? HELP!
- Rimsky-Korsakoffee for dessert and fun
- Voodoo Doughnut just for the heck of it.
- Ocean City Seafood for Dim Sum
- Thinking about seafood, but it looks like we will be there before the crab season.
Any other suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks Chowhounds!
3226 SE Division St, Portland, OR
22 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR
4741 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97215
Nong's Khao Man Gai
SW 10th and Alder, Portland, OR
120 NE Russell St Ste A, Portland, OR 97212
Ocean City Restaurant
3016 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266
Updated 13 hours ago | 11
Updated 6 days ago | 89
Updated 2 days ago | 39
Updated 7 days ago | 32
Updated 1 day ago | 26