Heard a commercial for this deal on Merril Shinder's show a few weeks ago and thought we'd try it. This place has received so many mixed reviews here I was reluctant, but the deal sounded good so I thought I'd give it a shot. We were not disappointed.
It's $29 a person and it includes:
* Appetizer (4 salad choices or french onion soup
* Main (which was a number of different steaks including a 30oz Porterhouse for two, an 8oz Filet Mignon, 10oz T-Bone, lamb and a few other choices)
* Choice of one side: your ordinary steakhouse stuff like creamed corn, mashed potatos, french fries, spinach, mushrooms.
* Dessert (choice of four including an apple tart, sorbets, Chocolate lava cake)
* Two drinks (per person) including house cocktails, house wine, or soft drinks, coffee etc.
I had the Porthouse salad to start which was mixed greens with cucumber, beets, tomatos and a generous portion of crumbled blue cheese) and my husband had the french onion soup which was topped with a beautiful puffed pastry.
We shared the 30oz porterhouse, which was very good, seasoned perfectly and melt in your mouth quality. The sides we chose were mashed potatoes and spinach. They were very good, but small, which was about the only disappointing part of the meal. Barely enough to share.
We each had the apple tart for dessert which was perfectly yummy with a drizzle of caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream.
The service was very good and the atmosphere was nice. The place was pretty empty, but it was 6pm on a Sunday night. But the time we left, there were about 10 tables filled.
Now I admit the quality was not on par with your higher end steak places, but it was still very good and you really can't beat the price.