Ok...I have a challenge-
The family just planned a very last minute trip leaving this Saturday. We are from Miami and have only been to San Fran once. We will be staying at the Quail Lodge in Carmel for 2 nights before heading to San Francisco for the last three nights of our trip, staying at Campton Place. I am a total foodie, and my family loves great food but isn't all that experimental.
We will be travelling to Napa for one dinner or lunch, where must we go? The one place I want to go in the country is obviously the French Laundry but I don't think they could handle that and there is probably very little chance we'd get a res with such short notice.
So, price is no object...with that said, I have done some research but am open to all and any recommendations.
1. They definitely want to experience the BEST of chinatown. Where?
2. We will be in town on the 4th of July and need somewhere amazing for dinner.
3. My father is a big meat eater. I'm not a huge fan of steakhouses, (I like pretty food), but is there one that's a must?
4. Family loves italian, not like chicken parm, but maybe more of a northern italian, tuscan sort of place.
5. Definitely want two nights of unbelievable food. Maybe one night of pure culinary genius and one of the same with a bit of a hipper atmosphere considering my brother and I are both 20 and 21, travelling with our relatively young parents.
Here are some thoughts for San Fran, what do you think?
Fleur de Lys
Zuni (better for lunch/brunch?)
Obviously these are just names I pulled from Gourmet, Bon Appetit, and Chez Pim's blog. I am totally lost!
Help me please with 3 great places in San Fran, one in Napa, maybe a great place by the wharf for lunch, and your chinatown favorite.
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 19
Updated 26 days ago | 254