Meeting family for a dinner Friday. Wife's taking train from city (could take LIRR, Metro North, 7 train); folks driving up from S. Nassau, I'm driving down from CT.
Looking for a great find that's:
1) Convenient to all (perhaps great neck, N. Queens, or S. Westchester)
2) Casual and not too expensive
3) Safe walking from train for wifey, or easy pick up if I can drive up to station.
4) Good parking for dear mom who can't walk far.
5) Of course...unbelievably tasty and totally chowhound worthy.
Good ethnic choices to keep all happy: Indian, Mexican, Mid-East/Israeli/N.Africa, Thai, Vietnamese, Ethiopian. Happily open to other ideas except...
not so good choices: Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Korean.
Thanks so much in advance for any help!!