Hello all. I have been obsessively reading all Piemonte threads for the last few months (especially those of allende and the recent very detailed posts from henjef85) as my husband and I will be in the region for 3 short nights next month. Here are some important details of our trip.
- We will be there Sunday evening through Wednesday morning
- We will not have access to a car until Monday morning
- We will be visiting Castello di Grinzane Enoteca and GD Vajra on Monday
I know I would like to dine at Balbo da Bardon one night during the stay. This will probably end up being on Tuesday. This leaves lunch and dinner on Monday and lunch on Tuesday open. I'd like to do Monday lunch in the Barolo area (La Morra, Annunziata, Serralunga d'Alba, etc) since we will be around there for winery visits.
1. Is anything decent open for Sunday dinner in Alba since we will not have a car yet?
2. Is there a lunchtime favorite (perhaps with a view) in the Barolo area? Cascina Schiavenza, Guido Ristorante, Osteria Veglio, Trattoria La Coccinella and La Torre are on the short list, but I am open to any and all suggestions.
I'm sure I will have more questions as the trip nears and I have more details. I appreciate any help you all can provide. Thanks!