Lately, I have been getting into baking pies from scratch. In fact, I just popped a strawberry rhubarb in the oven. However, I am not proud of the crust - the edges are totally messed up. I don't quite have the hang of making the crust, but I'm hoping to improve with practice. I have a few questions, and I would be grateful if I got a few responses. Also, if you have any tips to share, then please add! Thanks in advance. N
1. Is it possible to fix a crust that is too dry to roll out?
2. Does anyone have a great recipe that uses shortening not butter (we have cholesterol issues)?
3. What is your favorite kind of pie plate (i.e. glass, metal)?
4. Is a pie shield a worthwhile investment?
5. I read somewhere that someone puts the pie plate right on a pizza stone. Can you do that with a glass plate or will it crack?
Updated 1 year ago | 23
Updated 1 year ago | 15
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 34