Am I the only one freaked out by this lady?
The format is that she "teaches" a student how to cook.
Here's a few of the big problems I have with her.
1. She speaks to her adult students as if they were 13-year olds
2. She glosses over (or skips entirely) explaining fundamental concepts that actually would be quite important and interesting for students to know
3. She solicits constant and repeated admiration for her cooking from her students, both while they are cooking and after while they are eating.
4. Many of the "students" are quite awkward on camera.
5. She possesses little to no charm. I can't see a single endearing quality to this lady-- yet she persists, every night, on PBS' Create TV.
Who is this lady, and what exactly is her appeal? To put her on PBS with the likes of Julia and Jacques (who possess charm, accessibility and knowledge-- critical factors in a TV cooking host) is mindboggling, to say the least.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Amy Schulman | Baking cookies is one thing, but decorating is a whole other story. Sure, you can whip up a batch...
by Vanessa Simmons | Walking into a room full of festively dressed total strangers who will all stare at you and judge...
by Colleen Rush | If previous attempts at holiday baking have been a bit of a disaster—your Christmas cookies crumbled...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.