I will try to be brief.
Five specific questions for you
1. Is there anywhere near the Opera tube stop where I can get reliable post flight late night food. Nothing heavy. Just a nice glass of wine and something 'small plate ish '. If not, are there any light night delis or similar ? Talking 10-10.30 pm as opposed to midnight.I hope.
2. Where is good for breakfast take out ( stellar bakeries ? ) or leisurely brunch in this neighbourhood.
3. Where for lunch near Jeu du Paume/ Pl de la Concorde.
4. Have come across La Table d'Eugene
18, rue Eugene Sue, 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)
in my perusal of this board. Any contra indications to the generally very positive reviews ?
5. Best places for small plates Spanish ( think Pizarro and Jose in London, if you know them ) or Lebanese/mezze food. Happy to traverse the city to be blown away.
Staying in the Opera area and conscious of the fact it probably not a chow hound dream. Any recs for places to browse for great food welcome. Looked at Rue Motorgueil but is that tourist trap ?
Not generally a fan of super rich or over fancy food service or ambience. Prefer solid quality at decent price without airs and graces.
If there is any craft beer movement on the rise in Paris, would be glad to hear of it.
Equally i love Alsace wines so if there is a super haunt for those, let me know.
Previous dinner eating experiences in Paris have ranged from comically surly service and awful skate wing to some Conran 'could be anywhere' place so some recs of 'real' places would be very welcome.
Oh and if there is anywhere great for fish ( espec squid and octopus ), which is not super stuffy, let me know. I am still to find anywhere better than La Paradeta in Barca, though some of the Greek places in New York come close !
Thanks for any help you can give. Let me know if you need more preferences information.
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.