29 SuggestionsExpand Map
My wife and I will be in Paris from this Sunday, April 30 until the following Saturday, May 6. We have a long day trip to Normandy on Tuesday, and a half day Versailles trip on Tuesday. We are staying in an apartment across from the Odeon Theatre which is just on the north side of the Luxembourg Gardens in the 6th. I have the following dinner reservations:
- Monday (May 1 - holiday) - Le Christine
- Wednesday - Le Petit Verdot
- Thursday - Alliance
- Friday - Les Enfants Rouge
My questions are this.
1. Should we change Le Christine? I had a hard time finding restaurants that would be open on the holiday. This one popped up and appeared average at least. I have followed a number of recommendations from this site for the other three nights and we are very happy with those choices from what I've read, but is there another style of restaurant we should consider in lieu of Le Christine?
2. We have no reservation for Sunday which is our arrival day from the US. Not sure how well we'll be doing from a jet lag and sleep standpoint so we decided to walk in somewhere. Depending on how we feel the following are on our potential list for that night: Frenchie Wine Bar, Clamato, Terroir Parisien, L'Avant Comptoir. Any suggestions on this list?
3. Are there any lunch spots we should add this week to our list to get a better rounded experience while we are there?
A little background on us. We're in our mid 50's, travel a lot, many times to Italy, UK, etc. but never to Paris, so this is our first time. We eat and enjoy pretty much anything so we are adventurous eaters and pretty easy going.
Thank you all for any replies, and so much for the posts I have already made use of. The information is invaluable.
by Greg Stegeman | Barbecue sauce is a blanket term that doesn't necessarily do justice to all the regional styles of...
by Joey Skladany | As a self-proclaimed sauce connoisseur and fan of barbecue varieties specifically, I was more than...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.