Hi Chowhounds! We're visiting Osaka for 5 days in November.
1. Are there any interesting kappo / kaiseki restaurants to try? We'd prefer somewhere with a more diverse and creative range or strong chef identity, vs the traditional style which we've had aplenty. This is what I've turned up so far:
2. Are Koryu and Kahala worth a visit? Koryu in particular seems to have terrible reviews.
3. Concierge is trying to score us seats at Saeki. Which other sushiya should we try for? UPDATE: Concierge says Saeki no longer takes reservations from foreigners or hotels :(( Thinking about trying Sushi Yoshi which seems fun, but low Tabelog rankings worry me. Alternatives are Jinsei or Tada?
4. Which seafood market is fun to visit, with good on-the-spot food?
5. Where's good for crab, without being Dotonbori touristy? Or where could we get a seasonal crab focused kaiseki meal?
6. Kyoto - apart from Gion Nishikawa, any other creative kaiseki or kappo?
Thanks! Will report back with photos.
by Mijon Zulu | Want some crack? I mean, crackle? People who have had it love it and it takes less than an hour to...
by Amy Schulman | For anyone who’s taken a trip to Boston—or, for that matter, resides there—Flour Bakery stands as...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.