Visted the new location on Valley near the Great Mall of China.
Cold apps from the buffet:
1) Chopped chicken in hot sauce - seriously delicious
2) Thinly sliced fatty beef - great
3) Cucumbers - just a shade to cool it down
1) Hot boiled fish and beef - I can eat this forever - great pieces of whitefish and tender thinly sliced beef in a superb broth with sichuan peppercorns, gads of cilantro, and some dry chile flakes - superb
2) Cold Noodles in special Sichuan Sauce - at the waitperson's suggestion chose this - was excellent - chewy noodles in an pepper infused oil with ground peanut topping - I am going to go back at lunchtime just to try out their noodle dishes at $4.99
3) Chungking chopped chicken - this is da dish to clear out your sinuses (my dinner colleague had just flown back from Brazil, was somewhat congested, and chose Oriental Pearl over Little Fat Sheep) - amazing heat. This is to be had once or twice to say you did it, but at the end, your small and large intestines are on fire, and next morning feels like Roto Rooter in your guts.
There are several chef's suggestions and sizzling rice dishes. The new location is much nicer with more foot traffic from the mini-mall. I was a little disappointed that they moved from their original location (closer to work), but am happy they made the right business decision as they are going to get more traffic at this location.
207 W Valley