I thought about adding my recent visit and review to an already existing thread, but the most recent one that mentioned Oona's was last February, so I decided to start a new one.
I had heard/read many good reviews of Oona's and so Bruno and I decided to head up there yesterday for lunch. There were some really outstanding things and some really disappointing things about our visit.
1. Roasted portabello, onion, pepper and pesto sandwich was divine.
Roasted to perfection, nice flavor, a nice roll. Justy yummy.
2. N.E. Clam Chowder - the best I've had here. Really. Yu-MEE!
1. The service wasn't A-1. Our waitress seemed frazzled (though
it was not busy and the restaurant is tiny). We had to find
someone near the kitchen to ask if we should seat ourselves.
So not disastrous, but not top notch.
2. The menu did not specify what came with the Portabello sand-
wich, so I just assumed it would be a small salad. It was
potato chips instead. I don't get the choice to pair chips
with anything in what is attempting to be a fairly upscale
menu. Plus the chips were all broken and definitely bottom
of the bag. I don't eat chips, so I wished I had asked for
something else - my fault there.
3. The salad that came with the soup/salad combo had some badly
rotten lettuce in it. To the point that I thought the
radicchio was grilled and then realized that it was just
The good here was enough to make us come back again for another try, but the bad was pretty bad to me and definitely something that I'll be aware of on my next visit. Hopefully, they just had a bad day.