I want to hear everyone's opinion of what the best pizza in Chicago is. I mostly want to hear from the people that live in Chicago and have tried a lot of places but visitors are welcome to post their opinions too. Second thing is that this has to be broken down into 3 categories.
1. Regular normal pizza which is eaten most of the time and is the thin-crust variety and cut into squares.
2. Stuffed or Deep Dish variety such as Giordanos.
3. Gourmet Pizza which you find at those hob-knob places which I personally don't like and will not vote on.
You don't have to vote on all 3 categories if you dont want to. Now I am sure there has probably been numerous threads of this nature posted on here already but usually those threads just ask which is this best and people start naming pizzas from all the different categories and blending them all together but you cant do that. You cant compare a thin-crust to a stuffed pie. They are two totally seperate things. So please vote on what place you think is the best in order and by number. Thank you!
1. Obbie's Pizza near Archer Ave and Harlem in the Chicago city limits. Best thin-crust pizza I have ever had in MY LIFE! A close second would have been Santucci's pizza which was near Midway Airport but has been gone for a long time. Anyone remember that place?
2. This is a tough pick for me. I have tried Giordano's, Connie's and Pizzeria Uno & Due. Personally, I go with Connie's near Chinatown. I haven't tried Lou Malnati's before which I heard is very good so know that when hearing my opinion.
3. I will not vote on this one because I dislike that gourmet pizza and I dont feel it deserves to actually be called pizza because it isn't.