I guess it is becoming an annual trip to Oahu instead of every other year. Here are places we tried this time with comments.
1. Kakaako Kitchen- Beef stew and sweet and sour pork chops. I don't want to flame this place but after the first time I was here and had the furikaki crusted ahi, it was kinda down hill from there. Probably eaten here around 4 or 5 times, a little disappointing.
2. Costco- Ahi shoyu poke and garlic shrimp poke- always fresh but getting a little expensive. Used to be a steal.
3. Gina's BBQ- Kalbi, BBQ beef, BBQ chicken, Mandoo, Spicy Garlic Chicken, Chicken wings, Squash jun. Ordered a bunch of mixed plate lunches. The standout was the spicy garlic chicken. I only ordered this because someone in front on me in line said it was the best.... and it was.
4. Leonards-Mango, Chocolate and Haupia malasadas... i love these.
5. Kuaina Burger-Went to the original and had the bacon cheeseburger with fries. I thought this was better than Ward Center Kuaina Burger.
6. Diamond Head Grill-ahi with wasabi butter, bbq chicken , bbq beef, grilled shimp. good but a little pricy.
7. Matsumoto Shave Ice- Hawaiian rainbow w/ ice cream- best flavors
8. Shiro Saimen- Dodompo ramen- has everything- very satisfying
9. Waiola Shave Ice-Rainbow shave ice- best ice
10. Liliha Bakery- Coco Puff, Apple Malasada, Azuki Malasada, Banana Cup Cake w/ Chantilly cream- everything was tasty.
11.Sam Choy- King Crab legs and BBQ ribs- They were having this as an anniversary special for 20 bucks. Great deal.
12. Gulick Deli- Bento box combo- went to the King St location, should have gone to the original location.
13. Tropicana Shave Ice- I didn't like this one. Flavors were off.
14. Ono Seafood- Ahi poke w/ everything, ahi lomi lomi, dried ahi, dried ahi poke. Great.
15. Libby Manapua- BBQ pork Manapua, half moon and pork hash. Pork hash was great, half moon ok, i like Char Hung Sut manapua a little better.
16. Aiea Bowl- Tasty Chicken, furikaki ahi, garlic fries. This place is a sleeper. The food is great.
17. Ice Garden-Pudding w/ milk shave ice. good but getting expensive
18. Side Street Inn-Fried Pork Chop, Pocho Clams, garlic edamame, cold tofu, chicken salad, whole steamed fish, lop chong fried rice, bbq ahi, kimchee yakisoba- a lot of great food at reasonable prices. go with a big group.
19- Alan Wong's- 7 course tasting menu- great as usual.
20. Nisshodo- chi chi dango, peanut butter mochi, coconut mochi.
21. Rainbow Drive In- Chili Dog Plate
22. Bubbies Ice Cream- haupia ice cream and assorted mochi ice creams. this plac e is very hard to find with the nav.
23. Pineapple Room- Steamed onaga w/ tofu, lop cheung, and veges, Halo halo dessert, plantation ice tea. Service was better this time.
24. Char Hung Sut-steamed bbq pork manapua, ma tai soo, pork hash- for the plane ride home.