I'm a NYC transplant that is completely out of touch with the LA restaurant scene. I've got the 411 on sushi and taco stands since that's where LA easily rules over NY, but I'm clueless about where to go to feed my homesick Manhattan cravings.
- What are the top French restaurants, comparable to Daniel, Jean Georges, and Le Bernadin?
- Are there any hip but reliable neighborhood hotspots like Frank and Supper?
- Are there restaurants that have a similar "fresh" ethos to Mary's Fish Camp or 71 Clinton Fresh Food?
- What are the LA originals that will make me stop trying to compare everything to NY?!
- Finally, I'm looking for recommendations in the Venice or Santa Monica area for dinner on Friday, preferably new/creative American.