Hi chowhound experts! My fiancé and I would like to host a foodie wedding for 70-100 guests late summer/fall in nyc. Superb food is my priority. My fiancé prefers a party with a dance floor (vs a dinner only reception).
How would you rank the following venues? Which has the best food, and overall celebratory experience?
1) ceremony in Central Park, dinner reception at Per se for 72 (no dancing)
2) River cafe for 96 guests (dance floor)
3) Nomad rooftop for 86 guests: roast chicken with truffle entree; maybe late night burgers, fries and fried chicken. Has room for a small dance floor
4) Gramercy park hotel for 100 (Danny Meyers union sq hospitality group catering; small dance floor)
4) Daniel for 100 (dance floor)
5) Blue hill at stone barns for 100 (dance floor)
The venues are listed from 1 being the least to 5 being the most expensive. Ive never eaten at River Cafe and it’s closed now so comments are appreciated!
Thank you in advance for helping me plan my dream wedding!
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | Knowing how to grill corn on the cob is a necessary summer skill, so with Labor Day fast approaching...
by David Watsky | Wondering what to do with your extra cherries? These sweet and savory cherry recipes should help...
by Miki Kawasaki | Making summer fruit preserves is a great way to capture a taste of the season for later in the year...