It has been 3 years since my last visit to NYC and I can't decide on a restaurant itinerary. We are staying for a whole week and could use some help!
1. We love Japanese food and I was looking for some options in kaiseki (kyo ya?), sushi (sushi yasuda? nakazawa?) and a more casual place (15 east?). Oh and I really enjoy freshly made tofu. I live in Brazil and it is impossible to find any decent tofu here. On a side note, is Masa worth the asking price?
2. Oysters. I love oysters. My wife, not so much... Where can we go for a variety of fresh oysters but also good food? John Dory, The Seafire Grill, Aquagrill and Lure Fishbar are among some of the options we were looking at. But I am open to other suggestions.
3. Tasting menus. Last time I was in NYC I had excelent dinners at Eleven Madison Park and Atera. I was inclined to go back to them, but it would be great to try something different. Any recommendations?
4. A la carte lunch or dinner. I wanted to try a few places that I haven't had the chance to go before. Anything I shouldn't miss while in NY?
5. Vegetarian (or vegetable focused). I will eat anything, but thought it could be fun to try a vegetarian place or a restaurant that focuses on vegetables. Dovetail? Semilla?
Thanks a lot for the help.