Hey all you Bay area hounds,
I'll be heading to the Oakland/SF area for minivacation (Nov. 15-19) and am looking for some hot tips.
* Best dim sum; is Yank Sing still good or still there?
* Best other Chinatown Chinese open to anything from old man tea parlors to Hong Kong style
* Best Vietnamese; banh mi shops and full menu restaurants
* Other SE Asian Korean, Thai etc.
* Oakland Mexican; especially regional cuisines
* One-of-a-kind restaurants I won't find outside the area
* Japanese from sushi to comfort food, izakayas etc.
In general I'm on a low budget but am also looking for a splurge dinner as well suggestions for beer bars. Thanks in advance gang.