We're having about 40-50 adults & 20 kids over for lunch to celebrate my "baby's" 3rd birthday. 70 people sounds like a lot of people!! We haven't done a lot of parties & never cooked for our parties (always done take out). So, we wanted to make it ULTRA-SIMPLE. We're cooking on a budget too.
Not trying to impress anyone with gourmet skills I don't have! We don't have a lot of time to prepare- I also have a baby so we're running on little sleep as it is.
The menu will be a taco bar with beans, rice, appetizers & cake for dessert. Some of you will laugh at these questions, but I've gotta ask...
* If I cook 10-15 lbs of ground beef for the tacos, what size batches should i be cooking the meat in? (5 lbs at a time)?
* Where can I buy 10-15 lbs of inexpensive ground beef for tacos(already checked Costco but they sell lowfat ground beef & I want it to taste good)?
* I want to just cook rice in a rice cooker- what kind of rice goes with tacos? long grain? Short grain white rice? i heard i can just add cilantro to the rice- has anyone tried this?
* Where can i get large cans of refried beans- already checked Costco, Walmart, Safeway- I'm in No. Cal/East Bay.
* What are easy appetizers for a Mexican menu?
Thanks for any help!!