I got an idea reading Gary Soup's post about the pitiful "Top 100 Chinese Restaurants in the US" announced by Chinese Restaurant News - that is to create a list of "chow-approved" best Chinese restaurants around the world.
Chinese restaurants are everywhere, but good, needless to say about great, Chinese restaurants are hard to find outside of Asia. So which Chinese restaurants in your area or which you visited before would you nominate to be included in the "Best "Chow-Approved" Chinese Restaurant List"?
Here are the rules:
- Name the Chinese restaurant and specify the city/state it is located
- Include the URL if available
- Briefly describe why the restaurant is worthy of nomination (e.g. what is their specialty? Taste wise? Chef? Service?)
- What are their signature "not-to-miss" dishes (or your personal favorite dishes there)
- Nominate as many Chinese restaurants as you like
Below are my nominations:
- Lao Sze Chuan, in Chicago and Downers Grove in IL
- They specialize in Szechuan dishes which are known for its spiciness and their menu provides more "authentic" options than just the regular American-Chinese dishes
- Some of my personal favorites are their "Chef's Special Dry Chilli Chicken", "Boiled Beef in Spicy Szechuan Sauce", "Crispy Shrimp in Mayonnaise Sauce", but there are many more dishes that are also delicious.
Updated 1 year ago | 35
Updated 1 month ago | 7
Updated 4 months ago | 1
Updated 2 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 3