Hey NOLA 'Hounds, I just got back to NYC from NOLA and am still beaming. Here are some highlights,
1. Coops Place - best gumbo I had all week
2. Casamentos - great seafood gumbo and absolutely unbelievable oyster loaf. Paired my food with an Abita Amber. I had no idea what to expect with the oyster loaf, but it was just outstanding. Not to mention the service was cordial and the whole vibe of the place is great. The real deal...
3. St. Charles Tavern - solid tuna steak sandwich and fries.
4. Red Eye Grill (St. Peters St.) - the best tuna steak sandwich that I have had in recent memory. Fries were also fantastic.
5. Cafe Du Monde - the only place that I visit without fail whenever I am in New Orleans. My clothes are covered in powdered sugar.
6. d.b.a. - great beer selection. Great vibe.
7. Cooter Browns - great beer selection, but didn't have time to try the cheese fries :(
Looking forward to my return visit!