Hi, I'm a wine nut visiting SF and Napa/Sonoma for the first time in 8 years and would appreciate some advice. I've searched this board but some of the posts were out of date and I won't say where I'm thinking of going in order not to prejudice your answers. My tastes are as follows:
1) I'm looking for restaurants where two can leave full out the door for ~$200 with a bottle of wine and tip.
2) I love California Pinot Noir (esp. Russian River) and eclectic whites (e. g. Edmeades Gewurtztraminer, Miner Viognier), don't care about labels.
3) I'm staying at the Petit Logis in Yountville (after 10 days in SF) based on this board and would prefer to enjoy the wine in walking distance (though I'm also interested in other Sonoma/Napa places.)
4) Babbo in NYC is my favorite restaurant because of great food, lack of pretension, and incredible, fairly priced wine list.
5) The place needs to have a nice piece of fish on the menu.