I've spent a lot of time searching reviews here but I just can't seem to narrow down to the specifics of what I'm looking for....
my husband, who hates birthdays, turns 30 on a monday of all days. we're doing a low-key celebration over the weekend, but I would also like to take him out to a wonderfully special without feeling too over-the-top dinner on his actual birthday (just us 2).
Ideally there would be something unique about the place (in addition to wonderful food) -- views, decor, neighborhood -- that would make it fairly special. we recently moved to SF from new york, so most places are new to us. Delfina and Greens are probably our favorite dinners out to date.
Price range would be about $150 for 2 people with 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, wine, maybe 1 desert to share.
- he likes fairly "healthy" food -- not a lot of red meat, not big into French cuisine;
- mediterranean or seafood are great;
- we've been to many places in the mission, so elsewhere would ideal -- particularly something on the waterfront or with a view;
- we'll have a car;
- sounds dumb, but somewhere age-appropriate and not touristy -- I'd like to not be the only 30 year olds from SF in the room on a Monday.
- something unique but not particularly expensive would also be great -- little neighborhood spots are more than welcome
I looked into Boulevard and thought the space and location were perfect, and then menu sounded great, but I then I saw a lot of "lot worth it" comments. Ame is a little out of our price range for this occaison, I think. we've been to delfina and range.