I have about 5 hours before my flight out later this month. I thought I would stop on the Metro Ride from Silver Spring to see the site near the National Mall.
SF Bay Area hound, so looking for anything unique to the DC area, or just plain tasty.
I have done my research on chowhound and yelp, but nothing screams at me yet.
1. Love southeastern Asian, Indian and Latin American food, but the latter two are strong in SF Bay Area.
2. Need relatively cheap eats, say under $10 for lunch. I don't eat a ton, but need decent value.
3. I need vegetables...period. (sorry, living in a house with 3 boys and a husband, they always want to go to meat heavy places). I do eat meat, but am plenty happy with vegetarian and love fish. This removes Good Food eatery.
4. I have Celiac disease - so gluten free. This means no soy sauce. This removes I think Teaism. Also many sandwich only shops.
5. I will be on foot with my backpack luggage. I don't mind walking at all, but only have 4-5 hours to wander around. And I am a California wuss when it comes to cold : ). Happy to eat while walking too.
6. It will be a Saturday.
I see Merzi, the Native American Museum cafe, some food trucks. I like the idea of ShopHouse, but don't think it is worth my time to trek up to Dupont Circle.
Is Protein Bar good? Chop't? (yes, I like rabbit food if it is flavorful) Nando's Peri Peri -they have chicken livers mmmmm....
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 1 month ago | 15
Updated 27 days ago | 49
Updated 1 month ago | 14