1 SuggestionExpand Map
Please help me narrow down my list of Atlanta restaurants based on the following:
• Weeknight, business dinner (7 - 8pm) for myself and one colleague, but a casual attire type place would be okay
• We are both staying at a hotel near the airport, so I am looking for places within a 20 min. drive (Downtown or Midtown)
• I am hosting and am looking for a nice meal, but nothing too "froufrou." I suspect my guest will want food, not art.
• Something with a Southern flare would be great, but is not a requirement.
This is what I was considering:
1. Staplehouse (looks like a place I'd love if dining alone, but a bit artsy which gives me pause for a first-time business dinner; if you recommend this, please recommend another of the below)
2. Empire State South (I like the southern flare and midtown location; wine list looks good, too)
3. Miller Union (the area this is in looks a bit run-down / warehousy, but the inside looks fantastic; can't judge a book by the other books on its shelf, right? is this more of a lunch joint, though?)
4. White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails (love the windows-for-walls environment and urban location; seems like it doesn't get a lot of restaurant critic love, though?)
Alternatively, please advise if I'm missing the mark with the above.
In advance - many, many thanks!
by Chowhound Editors | Update, July 17: Amazon's Prime Day sale has officially ended. Some of the deals below are still live...
by Joey Skladany | Prime Day, Amazon's version of Black Friday, has officially arrived and the number of sales is more...
by Grace Gonzalez | Macy’s is the newest retailer to begin offering crazy summer discounts, introducing its new promotion...
by David Watsky | The sous vide method hit the mainstream a few years ago but if you haven't had a chance to try out...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.