Just returned from 2 weeks in Nantucket.
1) downyflake: my all-time favorite. always great every year.
2) black-eyed susans: pretty good, but quite crowded
3) sconset cafe: excellent granola, yogurt, and fruit
4) fog island: not quite as good as the others
1) Pronto: this is a new take-out place near the ferry; best grilled panini on the island; try the pulled duck confit; the lobster roll also looked really good
2) Something natural: always good, but the tomatoes they put on the sandwiches were subpar this year. disappointing since there are good tomatoes available on the island from bartlett's farm
3) fahey and fromagerie: their grilled panini are ok but not as good as pronto's
1) galley: a bit overpriced but the food and atmosphere were both really outstanding; small-ish portions
2) sfoglia: good regional italian cooking (with creativity), recommend the lobster gnocchi, steak pizzaiola, fruit tart; on a second visit I had the chicken which was undercooked in the middle, I'd avoid the chicken. the staff is very nice to children, but their highchair is sort of falling apart; best to bring your own.
3) thai by sookie at fahey and fromagerie: this is take-out only but it's very good; better than the thai I get in NYC
4) black-eyed susans: good but not as good as last year; the byob policy is a plus for keeping prices down.
5) american seasons: overpriced and quite small portions; good food though
6) brotherhood: nice to see it reopened; expanded menu compared to the original; the benchmark burger and fries are about 80% as good as the original