We will be spending 2 days in MPLS - July 1 & 2 before I have to return home. We will be attending a Twins game on July 1. My brother is craving Sushi (has not had it since he moved to Hayward, WI 5 years ago) and Pho and I want to treat him to his first Ethiopian experience. We will have a car.
I understand by looking at past posts that the food in the Metrodome leaves a lot to be desired. However, I have to ask - do they sell cheese curds? This is one of the things I cannot get enough of when visiting the midwest!
- Where do they have the best cheese curds in MPLS?
- Eat Street has several restaurants and am leaning towards one of the Pho places there... or Saigon in St. Paul. Suggestions?
- Breakfast - we are debating between Al's and Hell's Kitchen - I understand that Al's has great pancakes and eggs benedict (my fave). Do you think we should just stick with Al's?
- Ethiopian - Where do they have the best fried fish and vegetarian sampler plate? Also, do they have the mitmita (their spicy chili powder) on the table (or is it at least accessible)? Also, are they open for lunch?
- Sushi - we are not sushi gourmands, but would definitely like decent sushi. Are there any good places that won't break the bank? And that are somewhat inventive with their items?
I am not sure where we should stay given that outlined above (if anyone wants to help, I would gladly (and appreciatively!) accept any assistance at eklundlatyahoodotcom). Preferably something under (as far under as possible) $100. We are not picky as long as the sheets are clean and we can shower without cockroaches! Thanks!
Updated 8 months ago | 59
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 24 days ago | 27
Updated 1 month ago | 85
Updated 1 month ago | 15