I'm moving to San Mateo from SF in a month and would love recommendations for restaurants & markets in San Mateo. We'll be living within walking distance of Downtown.
Below are what I'm looking for, so any rec for any of the inquries would be greatly appreciated!
1. Casual restaurant that won't break the bank
2. Good seafood restaurant
3. Japanese (we went to a terrible place called Ni-Mo...so not that one, please)
5. Chinese take-out/delivery
8. Taqueria (other than Pancho Villa)
9. Pizza (other than North Beach)
1. Asian market (looking forward to nearby Ranch 99, but would love to find out about other nearby asian markets)
2. Fishmonger (sustainable fish)
3. Butcher (organic, free range)
4. Produce market (is there anything like Berkeley's Monterey Market?)
5. Italian grocer (for non-perishable goodies)
365 S B St, San Mateo, CA 94401