Just found out work is moving me to London for at least six months and likely longer. My office will be located on the Strand. The question is ... where should I live to maximize the foodie opportunities in London? ... Factors to consider:
1. Avid restaurant diner, but equally if not more avid home chef
2. Prefer hole-in-the-wall ethnic dives rather than "au courant" spots of the moment.
3. Access to a quality grocery store, ethnic markets, and especially produce stands is a must.
4. Prefer to keep the commute under 30-40 minutes.
5. Want to live in a nicer one bedroom -- budget roughly 400GBP a week.. .
Many thanks in advance... very excited to explore the city in more depth!