So this 3 mile stretch of Crenshaw Blvd, from the 10 freeway south to Slauson is studded with tons of restaurants that caught my eye. There are other parts of town with an unusally high concentration of chow worth investigating.
Where are other specific streets with a motherlode of good eats along a short stretch? Here's a few that I can think of:
1) Crenshaw district (Central LA / Leimert Park): Crenshaw Blvd between Adams and Slauson, all sorts of soul food, cajun, creole, some Carribean.
2) Sawtelle strip (West LA): Sawtelle Blvd between Olympic & Santa Monica: primarily Japanese, but other Asian cuisine, too
3) Thai Town (East Hollywood): Hollywood Blvd from the 101 hwy east to Vermont Ave
4) Little Saigon: several streets here worth mentioning, mostly Vietnamese with some Chinese: Bolsa Ave between Magnolia and Brookhurst.
Westminster Ave between Magnolia and Euclid.
Brookhurst Street between Bolsa and the 22 fwy.
5) Fountain Valley: Brookhurst Street from the 405 southward to Garfield: several Japanese places of excellent quality.
Where else, hounds?