We're a 30 something couple paying Montreal another visit next week next week and would like some help from fellow chowhounds. Here are my questions:
1. This time we are trying out Yoyo. Can anyone tell me if there's a dress code or what type of attire most of their patrons wear? Don't want the over- or underdressed issue get in the way of enjoying a good evening. Also would a non-French speaker enjoy an evening dining there? (Had an unpleasant experience at L'Express that hinders us from going back there agin. One bad experience is one too many!)
2. We would like to bring something back to NYC so we can savor the flavor of Montreal weeks later. Had done the maple syrup, smoked salmon, ice cider thing. We're looking for something that will keep for a few weeks like cookies or other pastries. Any suggestions? And do anyone knows how to store breton, (please pardon my spelling of that) and croissants? Do they come back well from freezing? How about imported candies? Where can we find some unusual or good bon bons from France?
3. Looking for places with good prix fixe to have lunches. Any suggestions?
4. How about places for breakfasts? Done Beauty's. Would like to try something else.
5. French soaps make great gifts. Any specialty shops worthy a visit?
Any help is appreciated!