Sorry, I know I should have posted much earlier, but I'm hoping some helpful hounds in the NM area can get me some advice quick! I leave tomorrow and won't have internet access after 3PM EST.
The main stops are Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos Pueblo (although I will stop in Taos to eat), but I will be on the road a great deal. I have a guidebook and have read a few threads, but I'd love more ideas. Preferably meals under $15 including tax & tip although I might treat myself once. Geronimo is not part of the plan. Would like to go to Frontier. Is Route 66 Malt shop open again?
OK, the questions:
1) Where is the BEST green chile cheeseburger? If it's in Santa Fe, is it Bobcat Bite or Dave's not Here?
2) And the best breakfast burrito in this area?
3) Is there any place to eat in Los Alamos LATE? (if I am in Bandelier at sunset there's a good chance I won't get back to my hotel until 9). I will also take other suggestions for Los Alamos because the guidebook only lists 4 and the only appealing one is Blue Window Bistro.
3) Actually, according to my guidebook, lots of Santa Fe places also close at 9pm. Any thoughts for later eating?
4) Will be visiting Madrid around breakfast time. Any suggestions? (directions please or maybe someone can just confirm that Madrid is small enough to not require maps?)
5) Will be driving up the Jemez trail. Any place good to stop along the way? The plan right now is to leave Albuquerque early morning, take my time taking photos, and eventually get to Bandelier around 4 or 5pm. So there's time for breakfast and lunch along the trail.
OK...I think that's it for now. Would really appreciate your ideas! There's a small chance I will check internet on Sunday afternoon so feel free to keep suggesting... :)
Updated 11 months ago | 7
Updated 10 months ago | 21
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 1 month ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 8