We were out at Orchestra Hall about two weeks ago. After the show, we were hungry for a snack. We were driving through downtown Mpls and saw Melting Pot. It's a fondue restaurant. We had to stop.
It didn't quite suck, but I won't be going back.
1. Fondue is playing with your food.
2. The waitress was nice.
3. I learned an interesting trick with cheese fondue...grate the cheese, then toss with a little bit of flour to coat so it melts smooth.
4. Really big wine list.
5. Comfortable seats.
1. The quality of the stuff we got to dip in the cheese fondue was poor. Bad bread, unripe vegetables.
2. They were out of 2/3rds of their wines by the glass selections.
3. No open flames on the table...they used an induction heater in the table to keep the fondue warm.